After almost destroying the internet as we know it (ha!), Linksys have decided to embrace nature by revolutionising their product packaging.
Here’s what they’ve done:
- They’ve ditched the sleeve inside the box that tells you all about the product – all that info is now written on the box itself
- The size of each product’s box has been reduced (which must mean that the sleeve information is in a tiny font, I guess)
- All the packaging is going to be recyclable or bio-degradable
- Everything’s printed on recycled paper with eco-friendly inks made from vegetable and soy (yum!)
- Plastic bags are being eradicated wherever possible
Apparently all this ecofriendly effort has resulted in more than 40% reduction in waste materials. Which is a lot. If every tech company put in this kind of effort, we could be living in a sparkling utopian vision of the future after all.