We’ve had a few more tipsters share their knowledge on the upcoming NextG speed bump, along with firmer details on what you can expect from the update. One point is downgraded – uplink at 1.9Mbit, not 3Mbit. Still superior to wired uplink speeds.
– 7.2Mbit down, but we’re now hearing 1.9Mbit up.
– A Sierra wireless USB card will be the first HSUPA device to launch.
– 70% of current units, based on 6820 chipset, will be firmware upgradeable.
– New pricing to coincide with the release (that’s a price drop).
– Possibly as early as next week.
Thanks to those who’ve helped firm this up. With multiple sources now, we’re pretty confident this is only a matter of whether it is set for next week or the week after?