Have you ever rolled up to your local polling station only to find it bereft of the tantilizing aroma of grilled snags?
It’s okay. You no longer have to stand for a soul-crushing sausageless existence.
Twitter has today announced a Chatbot that will help people find crucial voting information.
That’s right, folks. It will be able to tell you if your local polling booth will be slinging democracy sausages and/or delicious nanna cakes on the big day. Oh and also stuff about your local candidates and how to vote or whatever.
[referenced url=”https://gizmodo.com.au/2019/05/how-preferential-voting-works-so-you-dont-vote-for-a-shit-party/” thumb=”https://gizmodo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/sausage-sizzle-2-410×231.jpg” title=”How Preferential Voting Works (So You Don’t Vote For A Shit Party)” excerpt=”We’re only three days out from the election, which means that it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to vote – if you haven’t already. If you’re not keen on voting within the confines of a two party system, but aren’t sure how to make your vote count, it’s time to learn about preferential voting! Lesson one – don’t draw a dick on your ballot.”]
Known as the #AusVotes2019 chatbot, it will be able to assist you with the following:
- Where you can vote (allowing you to input post code in AEC microsite, which lists suburbs and polling locations)
- Who your candidates are (linking to a public candidate list on AEC website)
- Your official guide (what happens at the polling place and how to make your vote count)
- Source checking (linking to disinformation sources from the AEC)
- #DemocracySuasage (Where to find your local sausage sizzle and cake stall via @DemSausage)
Twitter’s #AusVotes2019 chatbot will be live on election day. You can utilise it by going to the @TwitterAU account and sliding into the account’s DMs.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
It’s the most popular NBN speed in Australia for a reason. Here are the cheapest plans available.