You may have just finished packing away all your holiday decorations, but here’s a good reason to inject a little bonus Christmas spirit into your January: Violent Night — David Harbour’s excellent Santa-goes-Die Hard tale — is arriving soon on digital, Blu-ray, and DVD. Gizmodo has an exclusive deleted scene from the ho-ho-home release to share today!
The clip is titled “Bad Dad” and, well, it’s a fantastic demonstration of why you should endeavour to stay off the naughty list. Santa is watching you, and woe be unto you if he doesn’t like what he sees.
The bonus-laden release includes “over half an hour of never-before-seen bonus content including deleted and extended scenes, a feature commentary, and behind-the-scenes featurettes delivering more of the movie for your Christmas collection,” according to the press release.
Here’s a full rundown of the features on Violent Night’s Blu-ray, DVD, and digital releases:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes: Family Arrives at the Mansion, Jason and Linda in Bedroom, Krampus Sees Trudy’s Radio, Santa on the Roof, Walk to the Manger, Family Resolution, Bad Dad, Cast Call Back, Extended Scenes
- Quarrelin’ Kringle – Cast and crew relay why David Harbour is the perfect brawler for this combative rendition of Santa.
- Santa’s Helpers: The Making of Violent Night – Tommy Wirkola and David Leitch have reunited for another madcap, violent fairytale with heart in Violent Night. This making-of will celebrate their spirited reunion as well as the other little helpers.
- Deck the Halls with Brawls – Go behind the action as we go blow for blow with the new villains of Christmas.
- Feature Commentary with director Tommy Wirkola, producer Guy Danella, writer Pat Casey, and writer Josh Miller
Along with Harbour, Violent Night stars John Leguizamo, Edi Patterson, Cam Gigandet, Alex Hassell, Alexis Louder, and Beverly D’Angelo. Violent Night hits digital January 20, with the Blu-ray and DVD coming January 24.
While you’re here, why not check out Gizmodo Australia’s guide to what’s streaming this month on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Stan, Binge and more. We’ve also got one for all the good movies coming out in 2023 if that’s more your thing.
The Cheapest NBN 50 Plans
It’s the most popular NBN speed in Australia for a reason. Here are the cheapest plans available.