An apartment fire broke out on Sunday in the Bronx and killed 19 people, including nine children younger than 16. It was the deadliest New York fire in more than three decades. Initial reports indicate that the fire was caused by a malfunctioning space heater — which demonstrates how energy efficiency upgrades to apartments aren’t…
It took nearly 170 years, but geothermal heat pumps are finally ready to have a moment. The poorly named appliance — they heat and cool buildings — could be the key to ensuring our homes are more comfortable and climate pollution-free.